Compliance is only the beginning. Employment law covers a wide range of time-consuming, sensitive matters, but building a great workplace culture goes beyond just following the law. Good policies, training and leadership set the tone for professionalism and productivity.
The employment attorneys at KingSpry are a trusted resource for providing cogent, common-sense employment law advice, counsel and representation. Whether it is a handbook review, employee investigation, representation in court, or advice on a new trend, KingSpry can help.
KingSpry’s Employment Law Practice Group offers a wide range of services. Avery E. Smith is Chair of the Employment Practice.
Our highly experienced employment attorneys help employers of all sizes proactively and responsibly manage their employment and human resources needs. Our attorneys can also help professionals navigate their career changes and advancements. The collegial nature of the firm allows employment attorneys to partner with other departments, such as Business, Real Estate, Non-Profit and Education teams, to provide expanded packages of services for our clients.
A Wide Variety of Employment Law Services
KingSpry’s employment law team offers:
- Counsel on all employment law matters
- Representation in discrimination, harassment, constructive discharge, “whistleblower”, wrongful discharge, restrictive covenants and breach of contract claims
- Representation before all courts and agencies, including the EEOC, PHRC, USDOL, NLRB, PLRB and PA Labor & Industry
- Employee handbook development and review
- Employment policy development and review
- Reviews of compliance with Wage and Hour, healthcare, FMLA, discrimination, Unemployment Compensation and a wide variety of other industry specific laws and regulations affecting workplaces including public and private enterprises
- Development of acceptable use/social media policies
- Staff and management training on employment law topics including LGBT rights, medical marijuana use, discrimination, cybersecurity and privacy issues
- Representation in unemployment compensation claims
- Representation of healthcare executives and providers in employment agreements
- Investigations of Workplace Misconduct
- Civil trial litigation
- Experience negotiating benefits and contracts/collective bargaining
As part of our proactive approach, we regularly offer employment law news updates through our employment blog. We also offer customized trainings for human resources professionals through local organizations such as SHRM, Lehigh Valley Health Network Peer Safety Group, Lehigh Valley Business and the Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce.
Click here to contact us today.