Michael A. Gaul
Michael A. Gaul is a partner in the KingSpry law firm, and member of its Executive Committee. Mr. Gaul focuses his practice in the areas of municipal and business law, and in civil litigation related to those areas.
Mr. Gaul is Chair of KingSpry’s Municipal Law Practice Group. Mr. Gaul currently serves as the Solicitor to Portland Borough in Northampton County and Eldred Township in Monroe County, and the Northampton Tax Collection Committee.
In addition to serving as counsel to local governmental entities, Mr. Gaul also serves as counsel to several local private organizations, including Episcopal Apartments of the Slate Belt, Episcopal House of Allentown, Northampton Country Club and Monroe Lake Property Owners Association.
Mr. Gaul is a member of the Lower Nazareth Township Zoning Hearing Board, and previously served on the Township’s Environmental Advisory Council. Mr. Gaul also previously served as a member of the East Stroudsburg Borough Recreation Board and as the Borough’s representative to the Stroud Area Regional Open Space Planning Commission. From 2003 to 2006, Mr. Gaul was an adjunct professor for the Paralegal Program at Northampton Community College.
Mr. Gaul earned his Juris Doctorate from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, graduating cum laude. While at law school, he served two years as an editor of the school’s Journal of Law and Commerce. Upon graduating from law school, Mr. Gaul served as a judicial clerk to Judge Peter Paul Olszewski of the Pennsylvania Superior Court and later to Judge Linda Wallach Miller of the Monroe County Court of Common Pleas. Mr. Gaul is a graduate of Boston College University, where he received his B.A. in English. After graduation, he volunteered for the Jesuit Volunteer Corps, working on the Colville Indian Reservation near Omak, Washington.
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Court of Common Pleas for Northampton County
- Court of Common Pleas for Monroe County
- Court of Common Pleas for Lehigh County
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
Memberships and Associations
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Lehigh County Bar Association
- Northampton County Bar Association
- Monroe County Bar Association