Deciding to start a family is one of the biggest choices you are going to make in your life. Whether you wish to adopt or utilize assisted reproductive technologies such as artificial insemination, IVF, egg donation, sperm donation or surrogacy, KingSpry is here to help.
Our team is experienced in legal matters related to adoption and assisted reproductive technology (ART). We have guided numerous families from the Lehigh Valley and beyond through the often complex and emotional legal intricacies of family building. Dorota Gasienica-Kozak, our chair, is a fellow of the Academy of Adoption and Assisted Reproduction Attorneys (AAAA) and a member of the American Society of Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) as well as a committee member of the American Bar Association’s Family and ART Law sections.
Dorota Gasienica-Kozak is KingSpry’s Adoption/ART Practice Chair.
On the cutting edge of these new family formation options and the developing laws around them, we protect intended parents by obtaining rights to the children born of ART and represent ART physicians, donor agencies, adoption agencies, and foster care agencies, as well as egg, sperm and embryo donors and surrogates.
Adoption/Assisted Reproductive Technology Legal Services
We take pride in our sensitivity and responsiveness while providing clients from all backgrounds and family structures with legal services including:
- Post adoption contact agreements
- Terminations of parental rights
- Special needs adoptions
- Interstate adoptions
- Step-parent and co-parent adoptions
- Birth parent representation
- LGBT family formation
- Gestational carrier/surrogacy actions
- Traditional surrogacy actions
- Ovum donor agreements, known or anonymous
- Embryo donor agreements, known or anonymous
- Sperm donor agreements, known or anonymous
- Parentage decrees
- Pre- and post-birth orders
- Insurance coverage issues/appeals
- Litigation support services
- Estate planning and trusts for new and non-traditional families
- Employment protection issues
- Name change