Kent H. Herman
Kent H. Herman has over 40 years experience across a broad range of municipal, real estate, affordable housing and litigation matters including leading public, non-profit and private development teams in the development, construction, syndication, and financing of over forty affordable housing projects. He regularly advises housing authorities and affordable housing developers and owners in general legal and regulatory matters. He also has extensive experience in representing clients in low-income housing tax credit matters.
During his career, Mr. Herman has litigated hundreds of matters before juries in State and Federal Courts. He has arbitrated and/or mediated complex construction, employment and insurance disputes resulting in favorable results for both plaintiffs and defendants.
Mr. Herman is a founding member of KingSpry. He served as a managing partner and served on the firm’s Executive Committee since the firm’s founding in 2001 until 2014.
In 2017, he was named to the list of “Select Lawyers” by Lehigh Valley Style Magazine.
Mr. Herman earned his Juris Doctorate from Villanova University School of Law. He graduated from Lafayette College with an A.B. in Government and Law. Mr. Herman served a year as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Richard D. Grifo of the Court of Common Pleas of Northampton County before entering private practice.
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Court of Common Pleas for Lehigh County
- Eastern Pennsylvania District of the U.S. District Court
Memberships and Associations
- Bar Association of Lehigh County
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- ABA Forum on Affordable Housing
- Pennsylvania Defense Institute
- Chair of Salisbury Township Zoning Hearing Board
- Former Chair and current member of the Lehigh Valley Planning Commission
- Former member of Parish Council, St. Thomas More Church, Allentown
- Former Township Commissioner for Salisbury Township