The idea of helping and protecting families is what inspired Dorota Gasienica-Kozak to become a family and estate lawyer. With time and experience, she has learned that family law can offer more than the emotional and splintering issues of divorce and custody battles. Working through the courts and the promise of new reproductive technological advances, Dorota has found her true calling helping clients become parents.
Mrs. Kozak, a partner in the firm and chair of the Adoption/Assisted Reproductive Technology practice section, focuses her practice in the areas of Adoption Law, Family Law, Assisted Reproductive Technology Law and Estate Planning.
Mrs. Kozak is also a regular contributor of articles on various family and adoption law topics for publications and often speaks in support of her professional and board service activities.
Mrs. Kozak was an Athena Award recipient in 2022, a Girl Scouts Take the Lead honoree in 2018, a “YWCA Woman of the Year” for 2014, and in 2013, she was named to the 40 Under 40 list by Lehigh Valley Business. She was a Celebrity Chef participant with Dining With Diakon for 2012, winning second place for funds raised in support of the cause. A graduate of the Leadership Lehigh Valley program, Mrs. Kozak is a former member of the board and was named the 2012 Leadership Lehigh Valley Alumni of the Year. She has been named a Rising Star honoree by Super Lawyer Magazine and Philadelphia Magazine.
Mrs. Kozak earned dual degrees from DeSales University in Politics and Criminal Justice. Mrs. Kozak graduated from Temple University’s James E. Beasley School of Law, where she made significant contributions first as staff editor and then as Executive Editor of the Environmental Law and Technology Journal.
- New Jersey
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
Memberships and Associations
- Monroe County Bar Association
- Carbon County Bar Association
- Bar Association of Lehigh County
- Family Law Section, Northampton County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association Family Law Section
- Assisted Reproductive Technology Law Committee
- Adoption Committee
- Paternity Committee
- United Way of the Lehigh Valley Board of Directors, Chair
- United Way Leadership Council Member
- Women’s Business Council of the Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce, Past President
- Past Chair of the Board of Governors, Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Former member of Cedar Crest College President’s Council
- St. Luke’s Hospital Auxiliary