Whenever anyone asks Dorota Gasienica-Kozak what inspires her, she always talks about family – what her parents went through to raise her, what her husband and daughter mean to her – so it is no wonder that she can’t wait to get to work each morning to help build and protect other families. She has found her true calling in adoption law, working through the courts and new reproductive technological advances to help clients become parents.
Mrs. Kozak, a partner in the firm and chair of the Adoption/Assisted Reproductive Technology practice section, focuses her practice in the areas of Adoption Law, Family Law, Assisted Reproductive Technology Law and Estate Planning.
Mrs. Kozak is also a regular contributor of articles on various family and adoption law topics for publications and often speaks in support of her professional and board service activities.
Mrs. Kozak was a Girl Scouts Take the Lead honoree in 2018, a “YWCA Woman of the Year” for 2014, and in 2013, she was named to the 40 Under 40 list by Lehigh Valley Business. She was a Celebrity Chef participant with Dining With Diakon for 2012, winning second place for funds raised in support of the cause. A graduate of the Leadership Lehigh Valley program, Mrs. Kozak is a former member of the board and was named the 2012 Leadership Lehigh Valley Alumni of the Year. She has been named a Rising Star honoree by Super Lawyer Magazine and Philadelphia Magazine, and in 2017, she was named to the list of “Select Lawyers” by Lehigh Valley Style Magazine.
Mrs. Kozak earned dual degrees from DeSales University in Politics and Criminal Justice. Mrs. Kozak graduated from Temple University’s James E. Beasley School of Law, where she made significant contributions first as staff editor and then as Executive Editor of the Environmental Law and Technology Journal.
- New Jersey
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
Memberships and Associations
- Monroe County Bar Association
- Carbon County Bar Association
- Bar Association of Lehigh County
- Northampton County Bar Association
- Family Law Section, Northampton County Bar Association
- Women’s Business Council of the Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce, Past President
- Past Chair of the Board of Governors, Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Former member of Cedar Crest College President’s Council
- United Way of the Lehigh Valley Board of Directors, Vice Chair
- United Way Leadership Council Member
- St. Luke’s Hospital Auxiliary