Donald F. Spry, II
Donald F. Spry, II is a founding member of the firm and is celebrating 50 years of practice this year. He chairs the Family Law Practice Group and is also a member of the Education Law Practice Group. As a Pennsylvania Bar Institute (PBI) faculty member, he lectures frequently on family law. He also lectures on education law and has authored materials for clients in both practice areas.
Mr. Spry has represented public school district clients since 1973 as a solicitor and special counsel. In that capacity, he has advised school boards, directors, and administrators on issues ranging from policies to contract negotiations, and he has appeared on their behalf before state and local agencies and in Pennsylvania courts.
He is a past president of the Northampton County Bar Association and is past chair of the NCBA Law and Family Court Rules Committee. He serves as a panelist of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court Disciplinary Board hearing panel and is a biographee in Who’s Who in America and Who’s Who in American Law. He was named a Super Lawyer by Philadelphia Magazine, is AV rates as selected by his peers and the judiciary in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers (Martindale-Hubbell) and is listed for family law in Best Lawyers in America.
In 2019, he was honored as a distinguished graduate of Moravian College at their Night of Stars event.
Mr. Spry earned his Juris Doctorate from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law.
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States Supreme Court
Memberships and Associations
- Northampton County Bar Association (Past President)
- Bar Association of Lehigh County
- Monroe County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania School Boards Solicitors Association
- Panelist, Pennsylvania Supreme Court Disciplinary Board Hearing Committee
- Former Member, Northampton County Higher Education Authority