Donald F. Spry, II
Donald F. Spry, II is a founding member of the firm. He chairs the Family Law Practice Group and is also a member of the Education Law Practice Group. As a Pennsylvania Bar Institute faculty member, he lectures frequently on family law and also lectures on education law for other organizations. He has written materials for PBI as well as for other seminars and he appears regularly on the television show American Law Journal.
Mr. Spry has represented public school district clients since 1973 as a solicitor and special counsel. In that capacity, he has advised school boards, directors, and administrators, and appeared on their behalf before state and local agencies and in Pennsylvania courts. He is a past president of the Northampton County Bar Association and is past chair of the NCBA Law and Family Court Rules Committee.
He is a member of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court Disciplinary Board hearing panel and is a biographee in Who’s Who in America and Who’s Who in American Law. He was named a Super Lawyer by Philadelphia Magazine, is listed in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers (Martindale-Hubbell) and Best Lawyers in America. In 2017, he was named to the list of “Select Lawyers” by Lehigh Valley Style Magazine.
Mr. Spry earned his Juris Doctorate from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law and his undergraduate work at Moravian College.
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States Supreme Court
Memberships and Associations
- Northampton County Bar Association (Past President)
- Bar Association of Lehigh County
- Monroe County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania School Boards Solicitors Association
- Member, Pennsylvania Supreme Court Disciplinary Board Hearing Committee
- Former Member, Northampton County Higher Education Authority