Alyssa M. Hicks
Alyssa M. Hicks focuses her practice in general education and special education law.
Prior to joining KingSpry, she gained experience in commercial litigation on behalf of business organizations. While in law school, she clerked for the Honorable John F. Cherry, Court of Common Pleas in Dauphin County, interned with the Office of the Secretary of the Pennsylvania Senate, and interned for the Dauphin County District Attorney’s Office.
She is an active member of Lehigh County Bar Association where she serves as Co-Chair of the Young Lawyers Division and Co-Chair of the Law Day Committee. She is a frequent presenter on legal topics related to her practice, including sensitivity training, medical marijuana, and service animals.
Attorney Hicks graduated cum laude from Widener University Commonwealth Law School where she received the Dean’s Award, Outstanding Service Award, Best Oral Argument Award, and an Advocacy Certificate. She graduated magna cum laude from Shippensburg University with a B.A. in English Literature and a minor in Communications/Journalism.
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
Memberships and Associations
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- PBA Young Lawyers Division, Co-Editor of At Issue
- Bar Association of Lehigh County, Young Lawyers Division Co-Chair
- Board Member, Wilson Area School District Foundation
- Member and Volunteer, YMCA Allentown Branch Advisory Council