KingSpry and Greyfriars Institute are teaming up to provide a webinar to address legal issues surrounding transition services in special education.
When IEP teams meet, one portion of the IEP that often does not get significant attention is the transition services to be provided to the student. Increasingly though, this issue is being raised in due process and in other regulatory arenas.
Join us on May 14, 2019, for a webinar presented by special education attorney Tim Gilsbach where we will discuss this important topic, including:
- What does the law require with respect to transition services?
- What types of transition evaluations need to be done?
- What have the Courts and Hearing Officers found schools must do?
- Are goals in this portion of the IEP to be aspirations or measurements of skills?
- What types of services need to be included in the transition portion of the IEP?
- Plus, we will take your questions.
Click Here to Register
Timothy Gilsbach is an attorney with the KingSpry law firm who focuses his practice in special education law, employment and litigation.
Please note: KingSpry/Greyfriars Institute programs and webinars are meant to be informational and do not constitute legal advice, nor does attendance create an attorney-client relationship.